If you are a recipient of a new iPad and iPhone and don’t know how to create apple ID, and how to configure emails, and install apps, etc. then don’t get panic, here we will discuss about how to set up a new iPad or iPhone. For this it is not necessary to have a laptop or PC. Whatever you need is an iPad or iPhone and a wireless router so that you can connect the device to the internet and activate it.
How to setup a new iPad or iPhone?
- Hold down the power button of the device for a couple of seconds until you see the white Apple logo appear on the screen, and then release it. Now you will see a “Hello” message and swipe it to the right to begin and choose your language.
- Now choose your region and this should be your country where you live, and it will affect localization such as time and date format, keyboard layout, currency, and more.
- Now it’s the time to connect to a wireless network. The iPhone or iPad will search for nearby networks and choose yours network from the list. If you don’t know what is your router’s network name then check on the labels. Now enter the password for your Wi-Fi network and iPhone or iPad devices will be activated by contacting Apple’s servers.
- Go to the Location services and click on enable location services option.
- Now you will be asked to set up the device as a new iPhone or iPad or restore an existing backup. If your new device is an upgrade from an old iPhone or iPad, it’s usually better choice to restore the most recent backup. This backup may be stored in your laptop or PC in iTunes or in online in iCloud.
- If Apple account is already created you can sign in by using your email address and password. If not then create a free account. You can also skip this, but you can’t use many iPad or iPhone’s features, and you cannot able to install any extra apps.
- Now agree to the following terms and conditions and you will see a message like now ready to use.
- Now click on the use iCloud icon. If you use don’t option you will miss lot of important features. Now click on “About iCloud” link to get more information.
- Assume that you used iCloud and now you will be asked to which addresses and numbers you would like to send you messages via iMessage. You have the option to tick or untick email addresses and phone numbers in that list.
- Now the next option is to use iCloud Drive. This is used for storing the documents online.
- In this step you will be asked to create a password. Don’t skip this option because this helps you to provide security so that other can’t access your iPad or iPhone.
- Now choose any one option among Use Siri or Don’t Use Sir. Siri helps you to dictate messages, set alarms, perform web searches, etc.
- After the above procedure the first thing you want to do it is get email set up.